- Order placed successfully. Largely shopped in the "home and appliances" section, as hardware and software generally flow freely to me
- Nice, clean, minimalistic interface. Not as fancy as Amazon.com by a long stretch, but certainly usable and apparently well stocked.
- Bitcoin payment, apparently via BitPay's engine, was successful. A standard bitcoin address was presented on the page, and the reference client sent coins to the address without a problem.
- Did not bother to compare prices with Amazon.com. Main goals were to stimulate the bitcoin economy, reward businesses going a good job representing bitcoin, and provide a real-money review of the store.
- I checked out as a guest, not creating an account. It was disappointing that there is no order URL at which I may track my order, e.g. https://orders.bitcoinstore.com/#1099000000 Almost all other online retailers offer this logical, basic feature: watch the status of an order on the retailer's website, even if you did not create an account.
- The store sells 128GB flash drives, but the search string "128gb flash drive" does not return useful results.
- Shipping was simply described as "standard shipping", without additional information about shipping methods. USPS? UPS? FedEx? Who knows?
- Two shipping methods were offered to me: "standard shipping" for free, or "standard shipping" for some amount of money. Seems pointless to offer the same method twice, with two different prices.
- Sending bitcoin payment before clicking "place order" is quite awkward and backwards from standard user expectations, I would think.
- Nevertheless, as instructed, I sent bitcoin payment to the network before I clicked place order. The user interface displayed an error. I waited a few more seconds, then clicked "place order" again. This time, it succeeded.
- Order email, received after placing and paying for the order, simply says "Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order." -- again failing to describe how my order will be shipped.
- Order email is 100% USD, with no mention of BTC at all. Payment was in bitcoins, of course (the only payment method available).
Conclusion: Rough around the edges, but good selection and they take bitcoins. Would buy from again... assuming that my current order arrives!